Writing is …, it just is …
Via today’s post I am first of all sending a very big thank you to Liz (creativeliz) who nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. You should really check out her blog, all I can say is that she had me hooked from the very moment I discovered her socket.
The rules of acceptance for this award nomination are as follows:
The 7 things about myself which I would like to share with you here are:
1. I love reading, I read every day, mostly in bed before going to sleep. Kindle ownership has softened the impact of dozing off while reading in bed, it’s so light that it doesn’t wake me up when I let it drop. I sometimes continue developing the plot in my dreams and when I pick up from where I stopped reading the night before always go back a few pages to make sure I haven’t altered or added anything.
2. My favourite food is sushi, second favourite after that would be pork roast.
3. I couldn’t imagine life without pets. They’re a great source of joy and I sometimes wonder how much inspirational influence they have on me, the talking, laughing, singing, cackling, whistling and barking African Grey parrot in particular.
4. Nor could I imagine life without music. Pop, rock, folk, opera, chamber music, requiems … My favourite instruments (read the ones I play imperfectly) are violin, guitar and mandolin.
5. I don’t particularly like heights, they make me dizzy. I’m in awe of anyone who can walk across a bridge like the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge. Look at the virtual tour of it here. Could you go across? And see the sign saying that the cliffs on the island are NOT fenced? I can do fenced cliffs no problem, like parts of the breathtakingly beautiful Cliffs of Moher.
6. I’m considering replacing my microwave with an espresso machine, don’t think I can fit an espresso machine in unless I get rid of an existing kitchen gadget.
7. Watching the film Open Water had the same impact on me as Jaws. Had nightmares for a week. Brilliant film and couldn’t not watch…
The wonderful bloggers I would like to nominate for the One Lovely Blog Award are: